The NAMS/ISO 31000:2019 Risk Management Officially gazetted as a Namibian Standard
ISO 31000 provides principles and generic guidelines on how companies can integrate risk-based decision making into an organization’s governance, planning, management, reporting, policies, values and culture.
What are the benefits to the business?
- ISO 31000 assist organizations develop a risk management strategy to effectively identify and mitigate risks.
- ISO 31000 assist organizations to develop a risk management culture where employees and stakeholders are aware of the importance of monitoring and managing risk.
- ISO 31000 also helps organizations see both the positive opportunities and negative consequences associated with risk, and allows for more informed, and thus more effective, decision making, namely in the allocation of resources.
- ISO 31000 can be applied throughout the life of an organization, and to a wide range of activities, including strategies and decisions, operations, processes, functions, projects, products, services and assets.
- ISO 3100 can be an active component in improving an organization’s governance and, ultimately, its performance.
The copy of the adopted standard is available for sale at the NSI sales division, for enquiries please call 061 386449/452. For standards training, please call 061 386428/431.